Thursday, October 8, 2015

Thursday's Author: P.J. Parrish

                                     Dark Of The Moon (Louis Kincaid, #1)

                                   Buy Dark of the Moon on Amazon: click here!

                         P.J. Parrish on Goodreads: Check out the authors click here!

So its Thursday and I gave it some though to my favorite books. I came up with the "Louis Kincaid" series by P.J. Parrish. Its been awhile since I read the last book but the character still sticks with me. The last "Kincaid" was in 2013 so lets hope the authors keep on with "Louis" and soon I might add.

P.J. is actually a pair of sisters who happen to have the same first names as my two oldest girls. Kristy Montee and Kelly Nichols. Kristy and Kelly have an awesome number of books to their credit. There are 11 books in the "Louis Kincaid" series. I picked one up about half way through from a  used book store many years ago. After I read it I tracked down the others and caught up. I really enjoyed it. 

Louis is a biracial cop starting in Mississippi, and then later on Michigan, and ending up currently as a private eye in Florida. The authors use places that they are familiar with as their background in the story lines. Louis has many layers and and is a well defined character. Interesting and exciting crime stories reaching back in the past and brought to the present. 

While they have this series, they also have a shorter series featuring Louis's girlfriend, "Joe Frye." There are also a couple stand alone books. I've actually read them all and would recommend any of them. Well written, page turning that you don't want to put down and what I refer to as my "comfy reads." The kind that feel good to pick up on a rainy day and curl up with. The kind that while crime and police procedure are common you're not scared to turn off the lights at night. I love those kind of books too but sometimes a comfy read is good for you. 





                         "She's Not There" most recent published book on Amazon: click here

                                                                    September 2015
                                                       She's Not There


Here are some more covers of their books! Go check them out on Amazon or Goodreads!

DEAD OF WINTER (Louis Kincaid Book 2)Paint It Black (Louis Kincaid Book 3)Thicker Than Water (Louis Kincaid Book 4)Heart of Ice (Louis Kincaid Book 11)

Claw Back (Louis Kincaid)An Unquiet Grave (Louis Kincaid Book 7)A Killing Rain (Louis Kincaid Book 6)The Killing Song

South of Hell (Louis Kincaid Book 9)Island of Bones (Louis Kincaid Book 5)The Little Death (Louis Kincaid Book 10)A Thousand Bones (Louis Kincaid Book 8)

No comments:

Post a Comment