Monday, April 11, 2016

"Engaged in Danger" A Jamie Quinn Mystery by Barbara Venkataraman






"I'd suddenly lost my appetite. I knew I was being selfish, but I had my reasons. What if Kip loved Australia so much he never came back? Or what if he came back hating his job more than ever? It  was a no-win situation, but I could see I'd lost this battle before it began. I resigned myself to the inevitable."....

This story starts out where the last one left off. Jamie is finally getting her life together after the loss of her mom. She's found her dad and is hoping for the best in bringing him back to the United States. She's got a great boyfriend, Kip,  and the love of close friends and family. The downside is Kip is heading to Australia for 3 months. What if he doesn't come back, or worse doesn't want to?

Jamie is taking on a tough divorce case. Someone is trying to kill Nan's husband, but she just wants to divorce him. The surprise comes when Jamie finds out exactly who Nan's husband is. It will bring her the chance to work with her best friend, Grace. Will the stress of this case cause a rift in the relationship? Suddenly everything isn't as good as it was.

The adventure and danger begins! Read the tangled web and watch it unravel itself as the lies and corruption is revealed. Will Grace and Jamie still be friends when it's all said and done? Will Nan get her divorce? Their lives will be in danger before it's all over, but who will come to the rescue?

I really like these characters. Well written, with depth that make you like them, love them and want to know more about them. This is the 4th book in this series. I really enjoyed all four of these books so far and look forward to reading more from this author. It's a fun read. Not too overwhelming, or dark as some crime/legal fiction can sometimes be. This is the kind of book you get curled up in a comfortable spot and most likely read in one sitting. Maybe that's why they call them "cozy mysteries!" They are stand alone stories. You could just read any one of them and know what is going on, but why would you only read one when there are 4 great books waiting for you?  There is also a preview of the 5th in the series "Jeopardy in July."


Thank you Barbara Venkataraman

No comments:

Post a Comment