Monday, May 29, 2017

"Bad Mommy" by Tarryn Fisher

                                                                                   



"This was my future, this man. I loved him. He was everything I'd wanted when I was young and stupid, but instead settled for George..dull, monotone, silent.. George. He'd been waiting for me, only he didn't know it yet. The two of us carved out of the same block of wood. But, he was coming around. I could see it in his eyes. He used to glow when Jolene walked into the room, now he looked skeptical...bored. I'd be bored with her too."....

Darius and Jolene have a nice life. A nice house. Good jobs, and a beautiful daughter named Mercy. Fig Coxbury has a husband, and a lost child. Fig also has an obsession. Mercy should be hers. Darius should be hers as well. Now to get rid of the "Bad Mommy," and Fig can finally be happy.

We're talking crazy on a whole new level. Believable crazy is what makes this book so wild. I loved it from start to finish. The lengths Fig will go to be Jolene's friend, only to be planning to replace her. Is there anything Fig won't do? I kept expecting that some of this was made up in Fig's mind, only to have the story flip and be told from Darius's side, and then Jolene's. Not everyone is as nice as they seem.

Everyone has secrets and Jolene, Darius and Fig are no exceptions. I wish George would have been more of a character. I almost started to think he wasn't real. Was he or wasn't he? You'll have to read to find out for sure.

The last line of the book just got me. Absolutely loved it. Know any narcissists? You'll recognize them in Fig. The thing with crazy plans, they never really work out the way you think it will. Do they Fig?

No comments:

Post a Comment