Sunday, October 22, 2017

"Right Behind You: (Quincy and Rainie Book 7) by Lisa Gardner

                                                                                      Buy "Right Behind You" now on Amazon: click here!

“Family. Something that can be found. Something that can be made. The caseworker has preached it to me for years. But I never really believed. Even when Rainie and Quincy first sat me down, I remained skeptical.”.....

This is the 7th in the Quincy and Rainie series. (FBI Profilers) Definitely a stand alone book. I’ve not read any of the previous books, but will now. I want to know Quincy and Rainie better.

The story starts with a little girl, Sharlah, and her older brother, Telly. A tale of an abused and neglected childhood that ends in murder.

As time goes, Sharlah is fortunate enough to find a family that wants her. Quincy and Rainie are her current foster family. Thank goodness for their background, it’s going to take everything they’ve got to protect their family.

Telly isn’t as lucky as his little sister. Something has set him off. He’s now being hunted by law enforcement. Is he guilty? Can Sharlah save him? Is he coming to take back what he’s lost? What did Telly do?

I was so entranced from the very first page! Such a sad series of events that then turned into a thrilling story line. People are murdered, innocent and the guilty. It’s a twist to find exactly who is innocent.

Yes, it’s a tragic tale of the aftermath of abuse, but it’s also a tale of the people who have the hearts to save them. Great ending! I love the well developed characters. You just step into the story and it sweeps you away.

I’ve read other Lisa Gardner books (DD Warren series), and I’m never disappointed. Always exciting story lines, clever twists. If you like a good crime drama, FBI, police stories, Lisa Gardner has just the book for you.

Thank you Lisa Gardner, Netgalley, and Penguin Group Dutton

No comments:

Post a Comment