Tuesday, December 19, 2017

"The Wife Between Us" by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen

  Buy "The Wife Between Us" Jan. 9th 2018 on Amazon: click here


"He used to touch me that way. I told him once I loved the subtle, sexy feel of his fingers there. I get up, moving quietly in the darkness, and retrieve my burner phone and my laptop from the bottom dresser drawer. Richard cannot marry again. I begin to make my preparations. The next time I see her, I will be ready."........ 

She is about to marry the man of her dreams. At times she doesn’t feel she’s good enough for this man who expects perfection. Is Richard too good to be true, or was his ex wife so horrible he had to leave?

Vanessa is the first wife. Richard cheated on her, then tossed her from her life of luxury with him. Forced to live with her elderly aunt, and take a job where she caters to former high class friends. Drinking is her friend. Plotting and obsessing about her replacement is controlling her life. To what end though? It may not be for the reasons you'd assume. 

The first half of the book alternated between one life and another. With a huge surprise leading into the second half of the book. The final part was just so clever.

Where do we go from here? Two wives and a husband. Who is the victim, who is the manipulator? We love someone and overlook the small signs of danger, cheating, fear of loss. A thought provoking suspense. Just when you think things are figured out, you’ll never see the twist coming. Original story line considering that divorce, cheating,and remarriage is so common.

Thank you Greer Hendricks, Sarah Pekkanen Netgalley, St. Martin's Press

No comments:

Post a Comment