Tuesday, January 16, 2018

"Sepultura" by Guy Portman


"Jeffrey Dahmer may have kept human body parts in his fridge, but he was a sick individual, unlike me. I keep pimiento stuffed olives in my fridge, various other Mediterranean style mixes, cheeses such as this manchego and brie, these in addition to cold meat selections, milk, mayonnaise, bottles of Chablis and Semillon Blanc- not body parts. The only reason 'his head' is in the salad tray is because there is no room in the freezer.".....

Dyson, like the vacuum cleaner, is state of the art. Think a high class British “Dexter,” from books and television. Dyson refers to others by inanimate object names. They are not people, they are referred to as “it,” or “Free Lunch.” The not so bright “Free Lunch,” happens to be his ex’s current boyfriend. No one is good enough, ask Dyson.

Even with a child of his own, Dyson makes no life adjustments. He’s cool, calm, and murderous. With a trail of questioning by the police, he’s unfazed. After all, he’s never been caught doing anything wrong. He has high end tastes, a strange job, and extremely strange social interactions.

He’s a creepy character, because I suspect there are the “Dysons” of the world roaming free. I wasn’t sure at first if I was going to like this book. I couldn’t stand Dyson. I’m not saying I liked him any better at the end, but he certainly held my interest.

Would he get caught? Will he raise his son to be a “Dyson Jr.?” Told from Dyson’s point of view. If you find yourself reflected in Dyson, whatever you do, please don’t contact me. It was definitely an interesting, suspenseful story. I wasn’t overly thrilled by the ending. That was me, you may be pleased with it.

Thank you Guy Portman


No comments:

Post a Comment