Monday, May 28, 2018

"The Dream Daughter" by Diane Chamberlain

                                                                         
"As I dialed the phone, I walked into the isolation room where Joanna lay on her back, sound asleep. I rested my palm against her temple while I was on hold. She was warm, but not hot. Her cheeks had the ghost of the blotchy redness she'd get when she was feverish. They were right to keep her Right to observe her. But I couldn't let her stay."......

It’s 1970, before there were advances in neonatal care. Carly is pregnant with a baby that has a heart defect. Carly’s brother-in-law, Hunter, is a physicist. He came into Carly’s life as a patient at her job. Soon he was in love with her sister, and became part of the family.

Next came something that I wasn’t sure I’d believe in. I wasn’t even sure it made a credible story line. The author completely won me over. Hunter has a way to send Carly into the future. 2001 to be exact. A time and place Carly can save her baby.

Unfortunate events cause Carly to have to go back home without her baby. When she tries to time travel back she lands in a time none of us will ever forget. She can no longer take her baby back in time. Should she stay in the future or go home without her heart?

I was so intrigued that I couldn’t stop until the end. I believed in the story, and time travel didn’t seem so far fetched after all. There were some heartbreaking situations and some very surprising heartwarming moments. I ended up loving this story.

Thank you Diane Chamberlain, St. Martin’s Press, Netgalley.


No comments:

Post a Comment