Saturday, June 9, 2018

"Plea For Justice" by Liz Lazarus


"I expected my anger at Aaron to resurface, along with the buried resentment from his decade-long silence. I thought I'd feel repulsed by him-after all, he'd killed a girl and admitted to it. But somehow that didn't happen. Instead, all I felt was overwhelming pity at how diminished he looked. To my surprise, it felt like no time had passed at all, and that I was reunited with my long-lost friend."...

Jackie and Aaron. A couple of friends through high school. Not your usual couple. He drew the girls in with his good looks. She wasn’t quite as popular, or attractive. Then one day he’s just gone from her life.

Gone until the day he reaches out to her ten years later. Now known as the infamous “Snapchat Killer.” Aaron is seeking Jackie’s help. He claims he’s innocent. Yet the victim was seen with him, DNA matched him, and the body was found behind his art studio. Who is he kidding?

Is it even possible Aaron is innocent? Is Jackie that naive to believe that her job as a paralegal might be of some use to a convicted killer? What could possibly be left to uncover? Why did he disappear from her life all those years ago?

I love how the story line took a naive Jackie and what it brought out in her. Can she really do anything useful for Aaron, or is he just using her as a last ditch attempt? The story is told back and forth between the main characters. They were carefully intertwined and you’ll be shocked when you realize what is happening!

A thrilling read! Couldn’t wait to see how it ended and what became of Jackie and Aaron. I’ve read the authors previous work,
“Free of Malice.” I highly recommend her work if you want to sink into a good read!

Thank you Liz Lazarus for another great book!

Buy "Plea for Justice" by Liz Lazarus now on Amazon: click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment