Tuesday, September 25, 2018

"The Bruce Springsteen Vault" by Meredith Ochs



Is it another book about the American blue collar hero, Bruce Springsteen? It’s not your typical story that’s already been told. I reviewed a computer version, but the actual copy promises to be pretty cool. With pictures and removable memorabilia, this is “For You,” Springsteen fans.

Reading about Bruce and his life never gets old. I’ve been a fan for many years. This is a performer that has stayed on track and never lets his fans down. He’s also a genuine person in real life, as is his wife. Yes, we’ve met. This book is about the guy that tells the stories about real life. The stories of the places a lot of us come from. It’s why we relate to him so closely. He’s lived it and so have we. The author did a fine job of capturing that about Bruce.

Seeing the wonderful history of the man who will turn 70 next year, is truly a treat for your senses. There were some things I’d not read before, along with the usual history. Also, more in depth stories told by a few people who were with him, and still remain friends.

I’ve yet to find out the one answer to a question I’ve had for 25 years. Bruce told me he named his son, Evan, after a character in a book. I’ve regretted not getting that directly from him ever since. My son, Evan, wonders also. I read Springsteen books hoping to find that out one day. Not that it’s really relevant to anything. A curiosity to what kind of books Springsteen reads.

This is the kind of biography that actually honors Bruce and his roots. I was glad to read and review it, and enjoyed the photographs. Would make a wonderful gift for us Springsteen fans. It was actually a fun and entertaining read.

Thank you Meredith Ochs, Netgalley, and Quarto Publishing Group

#BruceSpringsteen #Netgalley

No comments:

Post a Comment