Friday, September 21, 2018

"Pippa" by Malynda Schlegel

       



"Thoughts buzzed around my head like flies, and I flinched. Had they been talking about leaving, together, without me? Well, it wasn't like I needed to be part of it if I wasn't going anywhere, I told myself. But still. I didn't like they were talking about leaving, possibly together, behind my back. Like it would be so easy to do, to just leave. "

Pippa, a young girl in the town of Pepper Rock. Small Town, USA. Pippa lives with her parents. Can we say dysfunctional?

From the moment the story started, and took us through the years with Pippa, I was totally hooked. I kept thinking I knew what was going to happen, but had to keep going until the end. The life Pippa has created for herself may not be the reality of what everyone else sees.

Pippa learns to make friends, read others, and basically survive on her own. Heartbreak, reasoning, and reality will enter soon enough. How will Pippa turn out? What have her parents done to her?

A story totally inside the head of this young girl. Very intriguing. A few surprises. Great read!

Thank you Malynda Schlegel

No comments:

Post a Comment