Monday, February 11, 2019

"My Lovely Wife" by Samantha Downing


                                                                                              




"My name is not Tobias. I use that name only when I want someone to remember me. In this case, the bartender. I introduced myself and typed out my name when i first walked in and ordered a drink. He will remember me. He will remember that Tobias is the deaf man who left the bar with a woman he just met. The same was for his benefit, not Petra's."..........

A contemporary serial killer story. A seemingly nice husband and wife, 2 children, nice neighborhood. A tennis teacher and a real estate agent, a normal family right?

This couple leads a secret double life, one that includes murder. They stalk, kill, and dispose of their victims. The story takes us on a chilling ride through their everyday life with teens, work, friends. It takes a turn to the dark side as the husband describes his adventures in making contact with their potential victims. I don’t know who scared me more, him or his wife. The ease with which it was done, as if all couple do these kinds of things, or the sheer terror that someone could do these things so calmly and so coldly.

Big secrets aren’t good to share with anyone. There’s always a weak link when more than one person knows. Will they get caught? Will they stop? A recent discovery of a past victims body sets them on edge. Especially when he realizes his “Lovely Wife” may have been keeping secrets from him.

Oh the damage from the secrets we keep. A thrilling ride with more than one shocking surprise. Loved this exciting thriller, and the ending was perfect. Cleverly written, and so hard to put down.


Thank you Samantha Downing, Netgalley, and Berkley Publishing Group.

#mylovelywife #netgalley


No comments:

Post a Comment