Tuesday, July 28, 2020

"Hell In The Heartland" Murder, Meth, and The Case of Two Missing Girls by Jax Miller




Buy "Hell in The Heartland" now on Amazon: click here!

"I've driven the route between Vinita and Welch more times than I can count, more times than I've visited my childhood home. Each trip is slightly brighter and louder than the last, to a place where it takes time for my eyes and ears to adjust. Coming here, to where they were last seen, isn't something I'm able to resist. I'm drawn. Obsessed. Manic. Sometimes I come up the driveway and think of the five of them here. Danny, Kathy, Ashley, Lauria, and Jeremy. Sometimes I imagine I am them. But as my senses adjust to deep, dark country, I light a smoke there on the Freeman property and imagine that I am the killer or killers who struck the first flame. I blow out my match, adding a pinch of sulfur to the pastures surrounding in the same way as Ashely blew out her birthday candles."..........

This a true crime story. It’s December 30, 1999. Ashley Freeman and Lauria Bible are having a girls birthday night sleepover at Ashley’s home. By morning the trailer has burned to the ground, and the girls are nowhere to be found. The rural Oklahoma town is left without answers.

Rumors abound. The clues useless. Years later, the author, Jax Miller, starts to look into this unsolved case. A horrific tale of secrets and crime, possibly covered up by the very people they were supposed to trust.? A mother who refused to give up. Families and friends and the rumors that followed for years, probably still do. Someone, somewhere had to know the truth.

The real question is where are Ashley and Lauria? Dead or alive?

The author takes you through this tragic line of events, and provides some ideas to what may have happened and why. A very interesting read. What I really liked was the author presented them as real. She presented their lives leading up to, and after the fire. The author did not sensationalize the story. The facts wore on her soul, and she wanted to help them find answers. From the first page, told with such detail, you feel yourself step into the story beside the author.

For more follow up please see the Facebook page: “Find Lauria Bible.”

Thank you Jax Miller, Netgalley, and Berkley Publishing Group.

#netgalley #hellintheheartland #jaxmiller 

No comments:

Post a Comment