Monday, November 16, 2015

"Meditations Through Coloring" by River Grove Books


                                                
                              Buy "Meditations Through Coloring" on Amazon: click here!


So some of you who know me personally know that I recently took up adult coloring. Seen the pictures all over my Facebook account right? HA. I noticed a friend on Facebook belonged to an adult coloring group. It did intrigue me. Who didn't like to color as a child?  

Does it work? Yes, it does. I can tell you first hand that when you sit quietly you body is at rest it allows your mind to be at peace. I use this time to talk to my husband, as he is also coloring with me some nights. We chat or we stay quiet. I use the time to think about book review notes I am planning or sometimes nothing at all.

The book starts out with a small chapter about where the images come from and the practice of meditation.  I found the images in this book to be very enticing. The images they selected are inspired by the ancient art form of henna tattoos, known as mehndi. This book offers intricate patterns that show mandalas and flowers, (my personal favorite) along with symbols of nature, such as lotus blossoms. elephants and peacocks.

I colored a few to share with you,  so I can give you a first look at what the book has to offer.  I did not receive an actual copy but only a Kindle version.  I printed these pages off.
Details: Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 0.2 x 8.5 inches





I would buy  this adult coloring book based on what I do know.


Thank you to Netgalley and Greenleaf Book Group and River Grove Books for the A.R.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment