Friday, May 8, 2020

"Little Creeping Things" by Chelsea Ichaso









"My whole life I've been told I knocked over the candle that burned down the place. But I don't remember doing it." I shut my eyes, letting the image of my playhouse crashing around me flicker in the darkness. "Maybe I'm not remembering because"-my fingers twist the edge of the bedsheet-"I did something horrible. Like everyone says."......

Cassidy was just 7 years old when she survived a fire that killed her little friend. Fast forward to high school and Cass is known as “fire girl”, unable to escape her tragic past. Did she really start that fire? They say she did.

Now in high school, others are cruel, especially the dead girls cousin, Melody. When Melody disappears, Cassidy feels she may be blamed for it. She enlists her closest friend, Gideon, to help her.

Just when Cassidy has it figured out, it becomes a very dangerous situation. Cassidy has secrets she can’t share, not even with Gideon.

Where is Melody? The story was very captivating. I wanted to know if Cassidy was really who she was portraying herself to be. A thoroughly suspenseful tale!

Thank you Chelsea Ichaso, Netgalley, Sourcebook Fire

#Littlecreepingthings, #Netgalley

No comments:

Post a Comment